Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wine Barrel Table

"Come quickly! I am tasting stars!" -Don Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne.
(I know this is about wine barrels not champagne, but I just love that quote.)

I am so sorry I have been out of commission for a while. I was in the process of a huge move, had family in from out of the country, and then, broke my computer. I am finally getting situated and am madly getting my apartment ready. The apartment is old, and the kitchen is pretty dated, however, I am having a grand ol' time making it mine. 
Now,  I am going to discuss this incredible wine barrel that I found today. I was visiting my best friend in Napa and got a fabulous large wine barrel for a great price! I decided I could use it as an extra surface next to my wine bar for appetizers when I entertain or, to hold wine bottles. Wine barrels are fantastic as a bistro table, or two put together with a board to make a bar. When they are cut in half they make wonderful coffee and side tables, just put a piece of glass on top and voila! You've got a unique looking piece. They also make beautiful  ice buckets and planters for flowers or herbs.  But beware, if you fill them with ice or dirt they can leak. That would be for outdoor use only.  I know you all have seen the wine bar a few times before, but I thought the barrel looked nice next to it!

I love the stamped label and numbers on the barrel.


The red wine stains give it so much character, and I love the giant nail heads.
I switched things around a bit below because I'm crazy like that....


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Molly I would love to find a wine barrel, do you think I can find one here in Germany easily?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I think it should be super easy to be honest! I will keep my eyes peeled for you!
      xo

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...