Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Recycled Antlers and Dining Room Part 1

Guten Tag! How are ya'll doin'!? I decided I wanted to re-purpose my antlers (the ones I previously used for a jewelry rack) and place them around my "unique" picture that I adore so much! That picture is an awesome multimedia piece that was done by a Polish artist (and purchased at Homegoods. Whoop whoop!). If you didn't know this about me already, I like quirky things in my home. 

So here is what my antlers looked like before. I loved them, but it was time for a change:
Below is a picture of the antlers from Ballard Designs (that cost $50+ a piece). Mine were free, but you can purchase tons of these on Etsy or Ebay all day long for just a couple bucks a pop and paint them yourselves.

I painted my antlers with a basic Krylon white-gloss spray paint to make them look a little more modern. 
I then hammered these little guys into the wall and it finished off that corner of my dining room. 
It's just what the area above our wine cabinet needed.


During the Christmas season, I will switch the picture out for something more festive and these antlers will look great as holiday decor.



I hope you all are having a lovely start to the new week and I look forward to showing you the redo of my upstairs hall. Here is a peak!
Are you working on any antler-related projects?

Until next time...


Pin It
Linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm loving antlers in home decor right now, and now I'm loving the idea of painting them white... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a strange obsession with antlers...they are trendy yet so classic!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the antlers! And dying over those chairs underneath them. Oh, and your living room. And yeah, everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We just got these chairs since moving to Europe!I fell in love too! They are only the third things we have ever purchased new! I am super cheap lol. I hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Its just so Molly! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...