Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Winter Wonderland Barn Decor

I adore watching the massive snowflakes fall gently from the grey sky outside my window... It is incredibly soothing to me. I wanted our home to mirror the beauty, and light I see when I stare out my window, this Christmas. I want our family and friends to feel comfort and peace in our home, like I do when I watch the snow fall. Our barn's Christmas decor is simple, rustic, earthy and snowy this year. 
I layered natural elements that I already owned to create this mantle-scape. Torn vintage book pages and twine are wrapped around mismatched candlesticks to give it an antique feel. 
The barn door above our homemade mantle holds a homemade cotton branch wreath. 
Our stack of vintage suitcases carries a map, family photo, a mason jar snow-globe, and the silhouette I made of my precious Penny...The antique alarm clock is from my favorite shop, Vintage Inspirations.

My friend Jackie and I had a ball cooking and whipping up these coffee sack stockings this last weekend. They fit our holiday decor perfectly!
The antique German sled is from my wonderful friend Beverly. I look forward to sledding down our icy hill!


Our tree is lightly flocked and all decked out with owls, burlap, sheet music, and vintage bicycle plates (bicycle plates are also from Vintage Inspirations). 


  
We sure enjoy snuggling with cocoa in our intimate, airy and snowy feeling little living room...
What is the emotion your Christmas decor draws?


Click here to see more holiday decor!

Linking up to:
  
        


18 comments:

  1. Adorable, it is so you. I love that sled, where did you find it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My friend gave it to me but they are all over German flea markets! I hope you are enjoying your holiday Ann!

      Delete
  2. I seriously can't get over how talented you are! It just gets better and better every time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, you are so sweet and always brighten my day with your sweet comments! Thank you so much! I hope you are enjoying the holidays in your corner of the world!

      Delete
  3. Espectacular!! Beautiful, beautiful, bautiful !!

    http://trocitodeluna.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so nice and cosy! Love the tree decorations, it's always nice to see a tree with a colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Matthew! Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

      Delete
  5. The only thing I don't love about this is that it makes me ache for my own barn house in the German countryside! One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much! You can totally make yours make you feel like you are in the countryside! Let me know if you'd like any tutorials to help you with that!

      Delete
  6. Lovely as usual! The tree is my favorite for sure, I love the textures and colors! I have been checking in a regular basis for this post! Worth the wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot to me that you check back! I sure hope you are having a very blessed holiday season!

      Delete
  7. Your home looks so cozy and Christmassy that I can picture myself hanging out on the couch with hot coco watching the snow flakes with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Come on over and have some cocoa! It isn't snowing any more though... just gloomy rain :(

      Delete
  8. Oh it looks so gorgeous! What a wonderful Christmas scene! I love the cozy and sweet feel of your living room!

    xo
    Kara
    www.thebostonista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Miss Kara! I hope your Christmas is magical!

      Delete
  9. Hi Molly, I'm here, sitting in my family room, admiring your beautiful mantel, when it hit me, I made a DIY "frame" to put over my mantel, and it resembles your barn door (although yours is so much more beautiful). You have amazing taste, it makes me want to re-do my whole house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristel, I love your frame over your mantle if it's the one I am thinking of! Totally a similar look! I feel the same way about your home... I have been drooling over your master... wow

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...