Sunday, May 12, 2013

Are You Becoming Your Mother? And a Sweet Poem by My Dad



Happy Mother's Day all!!! I am eternally grateful for my beautiful Mother,  Grandmas, Aunts and friends that are doing the hardest job in the world! Being a mom is not for the weak! So here (holding a mimosa) is to you!
I feel insanely honored that there was an article written about my mama and me on Sheknows.com "Am I Becoming My Mother" this week, and wanted to share it with you!


Back in 1999 my Dad wrote this sweet poem for my mom that I also wanted to share with you all! I hope you enjoy it!!      

My Place in the Animal Kingdom

For all the years it’s haunted me…“What was my role in life”?
And while I searched to find it, I “filled in” as Mom and Wife.

I had longed for a title, a position, a degree…
And if I were an animal, which one would I be?

A wise old owl that knows it all or a sly and cunning fox?
In business, would I be a shark or wash up on the rocks?

A bull in the marketplace or a quiet, passive lamb?
How long would I have to wait to find out who I am?

                                            

Then a snake came near my den one day and I was suddenly aware…
When he tried to steal my cubs away…that I’m a snarling Mama Bear.

            Written by Bill McCulloch for his wife, Kim in 1999

Happy Mothers Day!!



4 comments:

  1. I read the article and it is great, Molly. I think, perhaps, we all have at least a little of our mother's in us. Your mother is lovely and the poem your father wrote is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn! I definitely find myself becoming more and more like my mama every day! I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...