Friday, August 23, 2013

DIY Simply, Rustic Fall Centerpiece


IIIIIII'M BACK!!! I am so thrilled to be with my hubby, in my barn and back in the blogging world! After a long trip to CA to visit my family, I am ready to dive into end-of-summer and autumn projects. The first day that I recovered from jet lag, I started sprucing up our barn like a mad woman! I waste no time. While my living room is getting a "summer's end" look, my dining table is ready for fall. This season, I am using deep rich and saturated jewel tones and metallics.
This centerpiece is seriously, so easy to re-create! All you need is:
-A burlap coffee sack
-An old bread board or long stained piece of wood (Mine is from European Country Living)
(You can also use a round tray if you have a round table)
-Pillar candles in different heights
-Flowers in the colors of your choice 
-A Cocktail of your choice
-Cabbage heads, apples, pumpkins, or pomegranates.
(I got these gorgeous cabbage heads on sale at Target while in The States)
-Jazzy autumn-ish music
and 
-Votives
To create this...
 I placed my burlap sack on an angle, and put my antique bread board straight on top of it. I arranged my pillar candles so they are taller in the middle and taper down on either side. I simply tucked in three large, faux hydrangeas alternating red and green and a small red one. I then scattered the cabbage heads around the candles on an angle where there were bare spots. The arrangement is finished off with emerald green votives that I purchased in the dollar section of Michael's Craft Store. The look is slightly asymmetrical and a little imperfect.  Shazaam! It's as easy as that!

Give it a go! I would love to see what Fall arrangements you come up with!!


10 comments:

  1. Looks so easy and so simple...and leaves plenty of room for playing around with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so simple!! Let me know how it works out for you!!! Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! Your candles are perfectly melted enough - mine would never be that pretty and using a burlap bag is genius! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The candles that I purchase here in Germany sure melt nicely!! I notice the wax on some of the ones from the states just kind of evaporate! Thank you so much for your sweet words I hope you have an amazing weekend!! xo

      Delete
  3. amazing blog.
    www.sprycandles.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments! Each and everyone means so much to me! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...